What to do in Hentiesbaai ?
The small town of Hentiesbaai is located at the famous Namibian Skeleton Coast, only 60km from the touristic Swakopmund and 90km from the harbour town Walvisbaai. Namibia has with almost 1600km some of the longest coastlines in Africa.
Hentiesbaai is mainly known for its unique fishing spots, ask any Namibian and he will tell you that the best places to fish from the shore are in the area of Henties. This makes it the more popular place for the Afrikaaners wherefore it is also frequently referred to as the “Boere-Bahamas”.
TAKE ONLY PHOTOS LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS
- GO FOR LONG WALKS ON THE BEACH and VISIT THE WETLANDS.
- GO ON THE HENTIES BAY WALKING TRAILS TO JAKKALSPUTZ OR INTO THE DESERT.
- ENJOY THE WATERSLIDE AND THE BEACH.
- ANGLING TOURS CAN BE ARRANGED
- VISIT THE LICHEN FIELDS.
- VISIT THE SEALS AT CAPE CROSS AND LAGUNEN HILL ON THE WAY.
- VISIT THE OMDEL DAM.
- SEE THE SPITZKOPPE.
- PLAY GOLF ON THE DESERT GOLF COURSE.
- VIEW THE WINSTON WRECK.
- TOUR BRANDBERG WEST MINE, RHINO CAMP AND SEE THE WELWITCHIA
- 4X4 ROUTES – GET GPS CO-ORDINATES OR TAKE A GUIDE WITH YOU.
- DRIVE UP THE OMARURU RIVER.
- VISIT THE MESUM CRATER.
- SEE THE UGAB MENHIR.
- GO ON THE MINERAL /MINING ROUTE
- GO FOR A SWIM/FLOAT IN THE DEAD SEA
- GO FOR A TREASURE HUNT FOR SEMI-PRECIOUS STONES